Toll Free Services – Critical Information Summary
Description of the service
Zintel provides virtual telephone services. The service can receive calls from anywhere in Australia with calls answered on an existing fixed, mobile or VoIP service. Included in the service is a free virtual telephone number and various features. You can choose to have a free Toll-Free number or a free Australian Local number.
- Toll-Free is Zintel’s classification of Australian Local Rate and Free Call services, containing prefix 13, 1300 or 1800 in the telephone number.
- Australian Local number is Zintel’s classification for a telephone number that is based on geographical region boundaries and contains a geographic area code prefix.
- Call plans include:
- calls to Australian landline, mobile or VoIP phone services
- 1 x change of answer point per month (non-cumulative) submitted via the Zintel online customer portal
- Call plans exclude:
- calls outside of Australia
- Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Fax-to-Email is a standalone feature on your Toll Free service. If you require both Fax-to-Email and voice services then you will require two separate Toll Free services.
- For you to be able to receive Fax-to-Email or Voice-to-Email messages, or to review call recordings or Online Data, you will need an active internet connection and an email account
- Bundling Arrangements:
- You do not need to bundle the service with any other Zintel service.
- You do not need to buy any particular goods or equipment as a mandatory component of this offer. However, you do need a compatible telephone in order to use the service.
- For No Fixed Term plans your service can be cancelled with 30 days prior notice.
- For Annual Plans the minimum term is 12 months from the date of connection. For early termination charges please see our full terms and conditions.
Information about pricing
Call Plan Details
|Charge Type||Starter Plan||Most Popular Plan||High Volume Plan|
|Annual Plan monthly minimum fee||n/a||$29 **|
(Upfront Charges of $350 for 1 year)
(Upfront Charges of $700 for 1 year)
Calls to a fixed line
Calls to a mobile
* Call rates are per minute, charged per second with minimum duration of 60 seconds; all charges are GST exclusive.
** You will be charged $350 or 700 (ex GST) upfront which is approximately equivalent to a monthly rate of $29 or $58 (ex GST) over 12 months. This upfront charge does not include any excess call charges should you exceed your included minutes each month.
Additional charges you should be aware of:
Zintel includes various features that are free with your Toll Free service. The charges listed below relate to additional features available on your service, or to make changes to any features on your service.
|Feature||Set Up Fee||Monthly Fee|
|1-5 options IVR (5th option as repeat announcement)||n/a||n/a|
|5-9 option IVR||$50||$100|
|2-3 layer IVR||$500||$250|
|Moves, Adds, and Changes||n/a||$35 per change|
Please note: Escalation for answer point changes will be charged at $50. Changes to your answer point after hours and public holidays will be charged at $100.
* all charges are GST exclusive
Early Termination Charges
Early termination charges are based on the term of your agreement. If your agreement with Zintel specifies a fixed contract period and you wish to terminate the agreement prior to expiry of such period, you may do so by providing 30 days prior written notice to Zintel together with payment of an early termination charge. The early termination charge will be equal to $250 plus the average monthly invoice amount multiplied by the number of months from your last invoice until the last day of the fixed contract period. The average monthly invoice amount is based on the average of all issued invoices in the current fixed contract period. You will also be responsible for all usage charges incurred prior to the termination date. Please see our terms and conditions for further information.
Any overrides to internal systems and handsets will affect the operations of features included. It is the end users responsibility to ensure the internal handsets and hardware is compatible with the features Zintel offers. Internal overrides & configurations may conflict with any setups on a network level and further discussion is required with one of reps before assuming the features can activated in conjunction with your internal setups i.e. phone systems, call centre overflows, mobile diversions etc.
Where can you obtain information about the usage on your service?
You can extract reports on the usage of your service anytime from the Zintel Customer portal www.zintelportal.com.au. If you do not have access, or if you have forgotten you log in details for the portal then please contact our customer service team on 1800 946 835.
Zintel is committed to reducing our environmental footprint and our standard method for bill delivery is via the Zintel Customer portal. Paper billing is available as an option for a monthly fee of $10. To opt in to paper billing, please contact Customer Service.
Call us on 1800 122 004;
Direct: +61 2 8035 0700;
Calling from NZ: 0800 886 644
You can expect a response:
Within two business hours:
Monday-Thursday: 08:30 – 17:30
Friday: 08:00 – 17:00
Within one business day:
If you’ve submitted your enquiry outside the times listed above, you will receive a response from a Customers Solutions member within one business day.
(Note: for urgent matters you may call our 24-hour support desk on 1800 946 835)
If you are not satisfied with your product or service then please let us know of your issue – you can contact us by the methods detailed above. If you feel we were not able to resolve your problem then please look at your options on the complaints handling process page.
Contacting the TIO
In the event that you have exhausted all other options and feel that your issue still has not been dealt with satisfactorily then you can contact the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman on 1800 062 058 or online at www.tio.com.au